[geeks] ethernet to wireless bridge

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Sun Jul 19 18:34:22 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 04:16:59PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Does anyone know if you can buy an ethernet-to-wireless bridge?

Hmm... There are a fair number of routers available[1], but I'm not sure if
they can act as bridges only. I'm surprised that you're having issues with
FreeBSD and GPRS/UMTS devices - although I've not tried one with FreeBSD
myself, my understanding was that most common devices are well supported
and should Just Work(tm). May be worthwhile pinging the FreeBSD mailing
lists?

[1] See http://www.3grouterstore.co.uk/ for example

-mj
--