[geeks] Google announces Google Chrome OS

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jul 9 15:11:11 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 03:03:10PM -0500, Michael Parson wrote:
> I need to get off my duff and get this box's replacement up and running,
> 3.0 is quite old, and this hardware is starting to show its age.

Whatever you do do not replace it with Ubuntu. I thought I was past the daily
reboots because it lost the ability to make outgoing TCP connections,
but today my wife complained that she was asked to enter her password in
outlook.

This occurs not because of an outlook or dovecot (pop server) problem, but
because the PAM can no longer find her login. The system was up a little
over 24 hours. :-(

Geoff.