[geeks] red hat linux version 1.0

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Jul 9 14:23:47 CDT 2009

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 11:50:08AM -0500, Michael Parson wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, so now I am intriged, does anyone know where to get a copy of Red Hat
>>> Commerical Linux 1.0 (the original title of the original release)?
>>
>> Looks like it can be found here:
>>
>> http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/redhat/linux/1.0/en/os/i386/
>
> Nope, the ISO's are gone. :-(

I noticed that, but I thought that since the boot disks were there then
the rest of it might but, but sure enough, the rpps dir is empty, which
is where all the packages would have been.

> There are some boot disks, and some readme files.
>
> I also looked at 1.1 and 2.0.

When I finally got into RedHat's archive.download.redhat.com site, I
found that the oldest they seem to have installable sets available for
is 6.2, which, for RedHat, was one of their better releases.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org