[geeks] Google announces Google Chrome OS

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Wed Jul 8 23:06:00 CDT 2009

On 09/07/2009, at 06:41, der Mouse wrote:

>> What part of your understanding of 'UNIX' is missing from OS X?
>
> None, since you are, again, using the trademarked term, and my
> understanding of that is "it's got the stamp of approval from the
> trademark holder".

I know I'm an idiot for doing this, but...

Did you miss the part where you started this with

> MacOS is UNIX?  I didn't think they had the right to use the
> trademark.
> (It's Unix, the non-trademark generic term, to an extent - quite a bit
> from a simplistic user POV and less and less so the deeper you look,
> whether as an admin or coder.)

Your attack has silently switched from "MacOS can use the UNIX
trademark?!" to "MacOS can use the UNIX trademark, but it's not really
Unix!".  Yes, attack.  You weren't really answering a question, you
were trolling to reopen this discussion, which we just had about a
month ago or so, I think.

Your debate tactics are faulty and leave a bad taste.

--sambo

--sambo