[geeks] Google announces Google Chrome OS

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Jul 8 14:26:00 CDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:12:10 +0300, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> BTW, I wonder if you ask those "Maccies" who know that MacOS is UNIX
> to define UNIX, they won't be able to tell you, except that it's part
> of MacOS.

Or possibly "it's that funny thing you find when you Terminal.app" ...
which when you come down to it, is not a totally unreasonable or
inaccurate answer for someone who isn't a geek.

> Like that, if Google/OS takes off, there will be in a couple of years
> more computers running Google/OS than there ever were running
> "Linux" (notice the quotes and I said computers).

Quite possibly. It may even be like the wii in that it sells like hot
cakes to those who wouldn't previously interested in computers (games
consoles for the wii of course). I'd say that would mean it's more
likely to 'borg' Windows users than Linux or OSX users.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from