[geeks] Google announces Google Chrome OS

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Jul 8 13:00:52 CDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:31:53 +0300, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 08:19:46AM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
>
> >Of course this is Google doing this who are the Microsoft of the
> >internet. Mind you there's nothing stopping others doing the same.
>
> I thought that was the point of Sun buying Star Office. They were
> going to convert it to Java and make it a web browser based "cloud"
> app.

That could well be the case (although I don't remember it being quite
that way myself), but just because one company failed to do it doesn't
stop others trying and succeeding. Indeed it is more likely to succeed
today because the 'cloud' is much more mature now.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Religeon is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you'd have