[geeks] Unsecured Wifi connections now illegal in part of India.

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue Jan 13 22:04:16 CST 2009

> > Since Carter, all the government has to do is 'declare' an emergency
> > and the
> > Constitution becomes fancy toilet paper.
>
> Correction: since Abraham Lincoln.  He started the ball rolling by
> massing an army against a sovereign, illegally, killing citizens who
> protested the war, and a number of other Constitution stomping measures.

No. I was referring to the formation of FEMA.  In that there was a rule/proculation/law/edit/whatever- you-want-to-call-it which basically threw the whole thing out.  Lincoln stomped on states rights and turned what was a bottom up government into a top down government among other things.

> Carter was simply following a long established trend.
>
> > Why does this all remind me of an old saying that those who give up
> > liberty for security get neither.
>
> We've gone overboard doing that, and the price is and will continue to
> be very heavy.

Too bad too many people haven't noticed the bill yet. :(

Bob