[geeks] Twitter?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jan 12 08:09:00 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 08:48:57AM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>Right now for 2 phones, one with blackberry data plan (which is actually
>cheaper than the regular data plan), and 700 minutes our total bill is
>supposed to be $110.  It is $0.40 a minute over 700 minutes, but I don't
>think we will be going over very frequently.  The nice thing (I don't
>know if Orange does this) is that with Verizon, calls between Verizon
>Wireless numbers are free.  So, I typically spend 30-60 minutes a day on
>the phone calling my wife while we commute in different directions (both
>using hands free units), but it doesn't use up our minutes.

Depending upon you plan you can get a 90% discount between phones in the
same family or less. Other plans have a 80% discount for three numbers
either within Orange, or landlines.

Other companies have other plans, a friend had a small business plan with
free calls between the company phones.

We have the opposite problem. We dropped the plan we had which included minutes
because we never used them all up, and it was cheaper to pay just for time.

My wife pays about $10 a month because she has a relativly new phone and has
to pay it off and keep a service contract. I pay nothing except air time
($3-$4 a month) but I rarely call anyone. I also have several phones I
pay nothing for and never use them, but Orange tells me not to cancel them
because between them I have enough "points" for 3 months of unlimited free
SMS's if I were to use the points.

Our monthly phone bill just went up because my oldest son switched to another
company, and it costs real money to call him. He gets a great deal, but we
have to pay more. :-(

My middle son has a pay-as-you-go phone. I put in $10 every other month.

Geoff.