[geeks] the end of the internet as we know it.

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Aug 4 15:00:02 CDT 2009

" From: nate at portents.com
"
" Seriously, if we went after US companies who've hired and benefited by
" illegal immigrants the same way that we went after "commies" in the 1960s
" (and frankly I feel many companies today are less patriotic than the
" "commies" were), we would be a lot better off.

preach, brother!

how about companies that offshore security-critical work involving
personal identity like medical or insurance records?  there is no way
to enforce us security standards, as inadequate as they presently are,
outside our borders, and companies that do it are playing russian
roulette with our information.

" That and if we outlawed commercial lobbying of any kind in politics.

that'd pretty much kill the usda.  the only reason cheese was included
in the 4 major food groups was dairy industry pressure.

i wonder whose brilliant idea it was to have the usda funded by the
industry it regulates?  that pretty much put it up for sale...