[geeks] Dell T105 server upgrade

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:22:09 CDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2009, at 10:24 , Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just performed the CPU upgrade for my T105 to a quad core,
>> Opteron 1356, and am now enjoying better than $135 worth of
>> performance increase - a very nice bump in performance, I must say..
>
> Nice, isn't it?
>
> I only got the 1352, but I'm happy with it.

Mine is actually running WinDows Server 2008 temporarily as I prepare
for a certification test in the next week or two... Windows Server
2008 installs quite nicely, no driver issues at all (naturally).

With quad cores and gobs of RAM, it should nicely host all the VMs I
need for this effort (likely just 3 or 4).

This is a nice server, highly recommended when they go on sale at Dell.

Lionel