[geeks] Backup software (yeah, yeah, I know)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Thu Apr 9 03:56:18 CDT 2009

 Chad McAuley suggests ...

> It looks like Burn to the Brim[0] will handle (a) and (b), but then
> you'd have to burn the ISOs manually using your favorite burning
> software. I haven't used it in a while, so I don't know how
> well the ISO
> creation works.  But a few years ago when I used it regularly for
> creating archive CDs it worked great at splitting files/folders up
> efficiently. I also just stumbled across PackEmIn[1], which
> for $8 looks
> like it does everything you want.
>

> [0]: http://bttb.sourceforge.net/
> [1]: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2037102,00.asp

In theory, PackEmIn seems to be exactly the ticket.  I've installed it, and
I'll be trying it later today; thanks for the pointer.

As an additional bit of interest in this fruity _tout_ensemble_, the
internal DVD burner in my laptop seems to have joined the choir immortal, at
least as far as actually burning anything goes.  Other than that, this
Fujitsu Lifebook has been perfect for the three years I've had it.

-Shel