[geeks] [mutter] LJ4M+

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 12:17:44 CDT 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:

> Erie Patsellis wrote:
>> Phil, even though they look ok, blow each one out with a blowgun,
>> if you
>> don't already know about www.printerworks.com, they have a
>> breakdown of
>> each model, makes it easy to ensure you don't miss a flippy lever or
>> two. Every phantom jam I've ever had eventually turned out to be a
>> dusty
>> optoisolator. Finding which damn one is the hard part.
>
> Oops.  Premature send.
>

> Blew out all the sensors with compressed air and it still hasn't
> solved
> the problem.  Got one page out, then back to "13 paper jam".  I'm
> wondering if I have a failing sensor somewhere; the printer's 16 years
> old...

I think it might be time to say goodbye to the printer - if you were
closer, I'd give you a more current HP LaserJet. I've got a few 4000
series printers acting as 'cold spares' - I paid under $40 for each at
university surlpus sales here, but my original printer still trundles
on. I also have an LJ4M+, but it needs a new home - I'll never use it
again.

Lionel