[geeks] Anyone deal with think3p.com

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Nov 4 15:51:03 CST 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 4:01 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
>> They used to be known as Lone Star Computer Corporation and did UPS
>> reconditioning and battery replacement.  I've got a dead SmartUPS
>> 1000NET and a bad battery in a SmartUPS 1400NET and I'm
>> considering as
>> to whether these guys are reliable.
>
> They've done pretty well by me.  I believe Bill recommends them
> highly too.

I like them very much as well.  I went there because they sponsored
sunhelp (although I didn't know they had stopped for sometime when I
was talking to them) and got great service.

Also look at refurbups.com.  I've had good results with them at work,
and sometimes they are cheaper.  The last time I bought something
from think3p.com, refurbups.com was cheaper so think3p.com was
willing to match the price for me, so in the future I will probably
always look at both, then call think3p first.

When I next call think3p, I think I will definitely mention they
should resume sponsoring Sunhelp.