[geeks] Anyone deal with think3p.com

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Nov 4 15:23:28 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 03:48:01PM -0500, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> They used to be known as Lone Star Computer Corporation and did UPS
> reconditioning and battery replacement.  I've got a dead SmartUPS
> 1000NET and a bad battery in a SmartUPS 1400NET and I'm considering as
> to whether these guys are reliable.

They used to be a sponsor/supporter of SunHELP and I got all of my UPSes
from them - all good quality refurbs, etc.  However, I think they some
personnel changes and stopped responding to my "your ad run has expired,
want to renew it again?" emails.

Looks like the last communication I had with them was October 2006.

I doubt the quality of their product has changed; I just don't have
anything recent to base an opinion on.  What I did get from them pre-2006
was good stuff.

Bill (currently seeking another UPS sponsor for SunHELP...hehe)

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas