[geeks] Solaris 10 10.08 version now up

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Nov 1 18:23:28 CDT 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Yay!  ZFS for all!

I will never understand why sun.com is so insistent to be sure you use
700MB CD blanks for burning Solaris 10 ISOs, when the largest ISO (the
"companion" CD that most people don't even use) is 660MB and the second
largest (the largest of the five actually *important* ISOs) is 470MB.

For that matter, I don't entirely see why it's split up the way it is.
The entire release would fit on four 650MB discs with room to spare.

(Yeah, I know the rationale; it makes the disc layout for the Solaris
x86 CDs the same as the Solaris Sparc CDs.)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.