[geeks] fwd: PROBLEM CORRECTED!

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 21:42:00 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us>
wrote:

> got this from one of my high-school buddies --
>
> " How to Place Your New Employees:
> "
> " 1. Put 400 bricks in a closed room.
> " 2. Put your new hires in the room and close the door.
> " 3. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours.
> " 4. Then analyze the situation:
> "
> "  a. If they are counting the bricks, put them in the Accounting
> Department.
> "  b. If they are recounting them, put them in Auditing.
> "  c. If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, put them in
> "       Engineering.
> "  d. If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in
> Planning.
> "  e. If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in
> Operations.
> "  f. If they are sleeping, put them in Security.
> "  g. If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in Information
> "       Technology.
> "  h. If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.
> "  i. If they say they have tried different combinations, they are looking
> for
> "       more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in Sales.
> "  j. If they have already left for the day, put them in Management.
> "  k. If they are staring out of the window, put them in Strategic
> Planning.
> "  l. If they are talking to each other, and not a single brick has been
> moved,
> "       congratulate them and put them in Top Management.

Two thoughts....

1. I choose the wrong career!
2. This explains why I never get accepted for management positions!

This really is enjoyable.

It does remember me of the cantankerouse college professor.  It was a small
college and all his students would be in another class at a certain time.
Outside the class was a plaza with a set of stairs going into another
area/building/class.  After the big test, the professor would climb to the
top of the stairs with all the completed tests under his arms.  He would
turn and face the plaza and throw the test papers up in the air.  The he
would pick up the completed test papers.  At the top stairs, he would state,
"These papers are As", take a few steps down and state, "These papers are
B's".  Eventually, he reached the bottom and declared the papers in the
plaza Fs.  All of his students would watch in horror--since most of the
papers made to the plaza floor.