[geeks] TV/book rant was:Chrighton

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed May 28 23:44:52 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 11:21:36PM -0500, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> So?  I didn't read that book because it was super accurate in the
> details - it was entertainment.

Which is why I and my kids like CSI. Good science fiction, fast moving,
intersting shots, not too heavy on the plot or charcter development.

However since the writer's srike, CSI (all three) and House went, IMHO
down the toilet. It looks like all the good writers went off and got
jobs writing new stuff that did not violate the strike, so when it was
settled all that was left were the "B" writers.

I'd say that CSI "jumped the shark", but that would be too dramatic,
it's more like "floated over the goldfish".

House had good writing, but like the crap in the middle of the 3rd season,
IMHO violated the number one rule of the show, "people live, people die,
but at the end of the show the audience is happy".

At least BSG has not fallen into that rut they did in the second and
third seasons, where I was hoping the cylons would come out of nowhere
and blow them all to hell. The seasons seemed at least 5 episodes too
long, with "inert igredients" in the middle.

Thank G-d there is a new season of Eureka comming and it's supposed
to be more like the first (light comedy) than the second.

Geoff