[geeks] grudging praise for a Micosoft product

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 28 12:48:29 CDT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 09:03 , Joost van de Griek wrote:

> On 27/05/2008, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Yes, me too! I don't need a compact keyboard, and would love to
>> find a nice
>> mechanical USB Apple keyboard. If the only thing "compact" means in
>> this
>> context is that it has no numeric key pad (in all other ways it is
>> "full
>> size"), this might suit my needs...
>
> <http://matias.ca/tactilepro2/index.php>

The problem is this keyboard is not very well made.

What I'd really like to have is a modern version of the old Apple
keyboards, or a Mac version of the Model M.

I have a Matias USB 2.0 keyboard and I love the layout.  The membrane
is better than most, but still not what I want.  Mostly I like the
layout and the keycaps printing.

Also, *HUGE* plus, the Matias USB 2.0 keyboard has the control key to
the left of A where God intended for it to be.