[geeks] Socialized medicine [was Re: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro]

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon May 26 10:01:08 CDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008 09:25:58 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Finsbury Park mosque?

What ? One mosque taken over by extremists ? This is going to cause the
collapse of England as we know it ?

> Gang-rape "Leb-style"?

Just googled for that. Sure you're not mistaking Australia for
Britain ? All the top hits are for Australia. I've never heard of gangs
of immigrants roaming the streets looking for victims over here.
Doesn't mean they don't exist, but I assure you that our media is
hysterical enough to make a big noise about it if it were common.

> Race riots?

Well the big ones were in the 1980s, so it's pretty late to start
worrying about them.

> Thousands upon thousands marching in the streets with signs "slay
> those who insult Islam"?
>
> see:  http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp

More like a few hundred. If you're worrying about *that* I wonder what
your reaction was to the Poll Tax riots back in the day?

> Not the Jolly Old England I know...

I suspect the "Jolly Old England" you know never existed except in the
rural areas. And it still exists there ... slightly more satellite
dishes and slightly fewer 'country yokals' but still there.

> "Britain's economy will grow about 4 percent this year despite the
> recent stock market plunge, but growth may slow to 2.5 percent in
> 1988, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Nigel Lawson, said today."

I'm mystified about what you're trying to say by dredging up ancient
history. That's pretty nearly 20 years old!

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  sigmonster: core dumped