[geeks] Socialized medicine

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon May 26 09:58:34 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 09:25:58AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> see:  http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp

The BBC spun it differently, showing only the "pro-islam" posters.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/19184_BBC-_A_Rally_Against_Islamophobia

The number of people who actually showed up was around 3,000.

Still a 3,000 more than there would have been 20 years ago IMHO.

> I think you are whistling past the graveyard.

I don't get it, what do you mean?

> Oh, by the way, you are wrong about the economy also:
>
> http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE6D6143CF937A35752C1A961948260
>
> "Britain's economy will grow about 4 percent this year despite the
> recent stock market plunge, but growth may slow to 2.5 percent in 1988,
> the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Nigel Lawson, said today."

That was 1987 refering to 1988, 20 years ago, what does it have to do
with today?

Geoff.