[geeks] Compiling php5 with extras from pkgsrc

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Sun May 25 12:46:52 CDT 2008

On 25 May 2008, at 18:24, Michael-John Turner wrote:

> On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 05:02:17PM +0100, Mark wrote:
>> Anyone know how to set the compile options via pkgsrc?
>
> Not sure if this really helps and you may know it already, but there
> are
> packages for a number of PHP extensions - check out the */php*
> directories
> in your pkgsrc tree. If there are any standard extensions for which
> there
> aren't packages, then I'd file a bug.

Like I said, some of the stuff (like PDO, which I've already used
alongside the default install) is available as '.so' modules that can
be dynamically loaded. Some of it however isn't, and must be compiled
in at compile time. Typically it's usually this stuff that's compiled
into binary distributions, but it's not set to compile in the NetBSD
pkgsrc version.

Also, I will cry if I have to manually compile all the extensions
manually one at a time, it'll take me a short ice age to do :(

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>