[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri May 23 14:19:25 CDT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 14:30 , Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>>> Sure they do.  The taxes pay for the government.  The government
>>> pays for the treatment.  The patients don't pay for the
>>> treatment.  They pay for the government which pays for the
>>> treatment.  There is an actual difference there.
>> In other words, the patient pays.
>
> No.

Yes.

Isn't that useful?

> Well, actually there's even a bit of a difference on top of that.
> You don't strictly *need* to pay taxes (for example, if you make
> zero income) to claim benefits as a patient.  Plus there are plenty
> of rich people who will pay a large amount of taxes, but will use
> cash-and-carry medical services.

You don't strictly need to pay in the current US system either, but
most people do.

Direct or indirect, the patients, or most of them anyway, are paying
for it.

> No matter how much social studies classes in the US try to brainwash
> people otherwise, the government is indeed a separate entity from
> the people.  There's a little more than a little bullshit in the
> preamble to the Constitution.

The Constitution doesn't say otherwise, and it is a US citizens right
and duty to keep it that way, and to violently oppose its separate
government.

Don't get hung up on the method rather than the structure.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com