[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri May 23 13:30:03 CDT 2008

Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>>> The citizens of Canada don't pay taxes?
>>
>> Sure they do.  The taxes pay for the government.  The government pays
>> for the treatment.  The patients don't pay for the treatment.  They
>> pay for the government which pays for the treatment.  There is an
>> actual difference there.
>
> In other words, the patient pays.

No.

> Thanks.

Well, actually there's even a bit of a difference on top of that.  You
don't strictly *need* to pay taxes (for example, if you make zero
income) to claim benefits as a patient.  Plus there are plenty of rich
people who will pay a large amount of taxes, but will use cash-and-carry
medical services.

There are real differences there.  Discounting those differences is
oversimplification.

No matter how much social studies classes in the US try to brainwash
people otherwise, the government is indeed a separate entity from the
people.  There's a little more than a little bullshit in the preamble to
the Constitution.

Peace...  Sridhar