[geeks] healthcare was: nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri May 23 09:26:04 CDT 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Actually this ties in with another hot-button issue in the USA, which
> is illegal immigration.  Many illegals show up and get care at
> emergency rooms, which are required to take care of them.
>
> States that have cracked down on illegals, such as Oklahoma and
> Arizona,  are finding out that surprisingly, ERs are no longer crowded
> and a drain on the rest of the hospital's resources.
>
> (example: in Oklahoma if you are stopped by a police officer and you
> have an illegal alien in your car, the new law allows for your car to
> be impounded.)
I think this is a much bigger problem than health care anyway.  There
are legal means of coming to the US.  I know several people who have
done it, I'd guess that there are a couple on this list who have.  There
is no reason to tolerate or offer any sort of amnesty to illegal
aliens.  Doing so endorses their illegal entry.

If you do not enforce your borders, you do not have them.  If you do not
have borders, you do not have a country.

    -Dan Sikorski