[geeks] nVidia 8800GT for Apple Mac Pro

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:21:53 CDT 2008

Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I read a lot of reviews which said it was slower than the ATI 2600, not
> much faster than the 7300, even an Ars Technica review which showed the
> 7300 was faster, and several reviews which said it had no effect on the
> desktop, professional applications, or video.
>
> I can't imagine what kind of reality altering drugs they are on, but
> they are all wrong.

Depending on the age of those reviews, I believe there was a minor
recall on those cards. We were ordering them at $job for a while,
stopped being able to get them, then started noticing the same sort of
speed differences you are after we were able to get the cards again.

--
Rick Hamell
Tech Blog - http://www.1nova.com/blog