[geeks] VoIP endpoint service?

Sun May 18 12:15:06 CDT 2008

> For a very nice business desktop phone, I like the Polycom 650, which
> has a nice backlight and a high-res screen, about $225 to $250 I
> think.

$DAYJOB sells phones as well as service, and most of the phones we sell
are Polycoms.  I have nothing bad to say about the phones themselves
and only a very few bad things to say about the company.

> It is the kind of phone I would buy if I were using it for an hour or
> more per day.

My experience is not that wide, but yes, the Polycoms are very nice
phones.  About the only further thing I might ask would be a headset.

> For more casual use, the Grandstream phones seem to have a low price
> and decent features.

My experience with them (Grandstreams) is that they are substantially
harder to provision (than Polycoms).  This could be more a difference
of what documentation we have (which may or may not reflect a
difference of documentation the companies make available) than a
technical difference between the phones, and it very well might not
matter to an individual end user anyway.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca