[geeks] What is a good download manager for Linux

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed May 7 20:30:42 CDT 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 18:14 , Micah R Ledbetter wrote:

> SunDM sucks so much I just copy the stupidly long URL and wget, even
> though I can only use the URL for a few hours. wget manages to
> actually resume incomplete downloads, too.
>
> It's also slow as hell.

Sun's whole software download setup sucks, everything from their
byzantine and broken website to the crap you have to go through to get
a download.

It's a public and open OS, they should have vanilla http and ftp links
that *JUST FREAKIN' WORK* so you can schedule them to download when
you want rather than the stupid sign in, hand-holding crap you have to
do now.  Better yet, torrent and rsync links would be useful.

After all, "the network is the computer".

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com