[geeks] What is a good download manager for Linux

Alois Hammer aloishammer at casearmour.net
Wed May 7 13:31:44 CDT 2008

Since the question's been asked, I'd actually like to know if anyone has
recommendations for a CLI or GUI download manager that handles most of
the stuff that wget or curl do, but adds multi-threading downloads.
Networks like Akamai can handle it, and it's usually the only way to get
full use out of my newly upgraded cable connection.  (Cox Business
account, 15/2).

In fact, CLI would be very nice, because my router doubles as a download
machine for when I want to go to bed and don't want to leave my
workstation running, too.  So far, I'm seeing aget and axel, and I'm
curious to know if anyone's used them / liked them.