[geeks] What is a good download manager for Linux

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed May 7 12:03:20 CDT 2008

" From: hike <mh1272 at gmail.com>
"
" Our broadband is Comcast (at home)
" Ubuntu and RHEL are the OSes
"
" I prefer downloading RHEL DVD images instead of the CD images.
" Comcast prefers I download CD images and kills the DVD image downloads.
" Comcast also hoses my broadband connect and the cable modem and linksys
" router must be reset.
"
" I would like to be able to restart the DVD image download at the point that
" it was stopped by Comcast.

wget and curl can both do this.

you may want to look at --limit-rate and --random-wait options.