[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 31 14:24:25 CDT 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 13:12 , Lionel Peterson wrote:

> There was an interesting thread back when the first mac mini came
> out about booting off a FireWire 400 drive instead of the 2.5" 4200
> RPM HD - the FireWire drive was faster.

That's because people put 7200rpm drives in the firewire cases though.

The newer 7200rpm SATA notebook drives should be pretty fast.  I have
some Fujitsus and they certainly seem to be.

> [0] microcenter.com has them for $90 for PATA , $100 for SATA

FYI:

$100 will get you 750GB at newegg.com, for a Samsung or WD, 500GB
Seagate.

They also have a sale so you can get a Seagate 750GB for $99.

Free shipping on all three.