[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 12:12:06 CDT 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:19 AM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Jonathan Groll wrote:
>>
>> The last comment has left me curious - are you installing new
>> machines
>> on a daily basis, or running off a firewire drive every day? (Surely,
>> even firewire is too slow for that!).  And what are the four tools (I
>> can only think of two)?
>
> Some people report firewire being faster than plain IDE.

There was an interesting thread back when the first mac mini came out
about booting off a FireWire 400 drive instead of the 2.5" 4200 RPM HD
- the FireWire drive was faster.

I may pull out my 1st gen mac mini and stuff a 250 gig IDE[0] drive
and use it as a time machine for our two mac laptops...

Lionel

[0] microcenter.com has them for $90 for PATA , $100 for SATA