[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 29 23:56:36 CDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 17:06 , Mark wrote:

> You threw me because you jumped track from downloading an updated
> DVD to buying an Updated DVD. That's a whole different ball game, I
> follow you now... I think.

I was just following the threads... :)

> I still don't understand how it's easy for pirates to get images
> that no-one can get hold of to rip in the first place...

Apple ships 10.5.2 with a machine, Apple owner pirates it or gives it
to a pirate.

For that matter a good number of the pirate images come from Apple
employees and partners.

The torrent sites are full of them.

Don't make any suggestions... :)

>> Actually, they provide the tools for making your own Windows
>> releases, and have for many years.  That's how all of my WinXP
>> installs are done.
>
> They are far from 'user friendly'for an average Joe User though. I
> only managed to do it with XP SP2 thanks to nLite. MS's own tools
> are like Chinese water torture to use.

The tools do suck, but the procedure to make a slipstreamed WinXP
install is pretty easy.  If you can burn a data CD/DVD, you can do
this.  It's only 2-3 extra steps.

The Windows service packs are designed for this process, it's just a
command line option.

Even some third party software supports slipstreaming.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com