[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 29 16:59:11 CDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 14:19 , Mark wrote:

> It's not a trivial matter, it's a very tricky one. How do you
> legitimately claim an updated Image? I'd love to see your trivial
> idea...

No, I was responding to your statement that they don't pay much to
make their DVDs.

In that case, it should be pretty trivial for them to sell them to
current MacOS owners.

Like I go to the store with my Leopard 10.5.0 DVD and get a 10.5.4 DVD
for $10 or do it online.

I don't see proof of ownership as that hard.

Plus, they've done it before.  I know people who have gotten updated
install disks, but it seems to be an inconsistent policy.

It's really frustrating for some of the flat panel Mac owners, because
10.5.0 is a disaster on those systems.

For that matter, since I have upgraded the video card in my Mac Pro, I
cannot even boot my Leopard DVD.

I just now remembered that.  Crap...

Now I remember the primary reason I was looking for updated install
disks in the first place... :)

Maybe that will prod Apple into giving me a new DVD.