[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:06:56 CDT 2008

Sorry, I missed a bit...

2008/7/29 Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>:
> And the term "Linux" includes more discrete distributions than I can count,
> with all manner of varying business and licensing models..

Almost without exception (**almost**) they have some strain of open
source, no cost version which is updated frequently and released at no
commercial charge.

Apple charges money for OS X. They make a decent overhead on it as
it's about a dollars worth of CD, manual and sleeve tops and a few
dollars distribution per unit to ship them about the place as
palletized shipments, and/or boxes of units.

Any mechanism for 'downloading' a copy of OS X would be great, I'd use
it and tell everyone else to use it. The problem is how do you protect
such a system from abuse when the software has no license codes or
individual authorization? It's very logistically difficult, when you
begin to think about it.

--

Mark Benson