[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Jul 26 14:28:18 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 03:00:00PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I am.  I've already done the update-OS9-to-latest step, already have
> XPostFacto installed; not sure about firmware upgrades.  Got a pointer
> for those?

I think they were on the OS9 install CD in the "firmware updrades folder".

You can also find them on the Apple site.

> I don't have a USB DVD drive.

Oh, IMHO everyone should have a USB DVD drive. Since almost every computer
made in the last 8-10 years has a USB port, it's an easy way to transfer
files or make a backup.

> "Oh, bugger."  I increasingly find myself thinking this Bondi is a black
> hole that consumes time and effort to no avail.

Me too. :-(

> 384MB.  1x128MB, 1x256MB.  It works as long as the 256MB module is the
> correct architecture and in the correct slot (the bottom slot, if memory
> serves), but is officially unsupported.  The RAM upgrade is confirmed
> working on ours.

Ok. Sounds good to me.

Geoff.