[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Jul 26 12:51:29 CDT 2008

Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Does anyone know if you can find an install DVD of MacOS 10.5.3 or
> 10.5.4?
>
> I am thinking of re-installing my Mac system, and I really don't want
> to have to start with 10.5.0 and go through the updates.
>
> I can't find anything on Apple's websites so far, and only hints or
> dead ends on search engines.

Can't help there, but ...   on this subject, does anyone have a set of
10.4 CD install media you're no longer using?  I'm accumulating a
sizeable list of ways to burn OSX CDs that don't result in a bootable
install CD.

Alternately, should I be able to replace the internal CD in a Bondi with
just *any* ATA DVD drive and expect it to work?  I'm guessing it'd be
far easier to get my hands on a 10.4 DVD than CDs.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.