[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 68, Issue 10

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 23 11:34:44 CDT 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, at 21:38 , Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> I'm talking about the amount of time the login prompt is displayed
>> before the login program gives up.
>
> You're talking about "failed attempts", not "timeout" or "idle
> time"...

No, I'm talking about the time the login program will wait for a login.

If you just run login and wait, it takes 300 seconds for it to give up.

I want it to give up in 60 seconds or less.

I'm not talking about how many attempts: there is a setting for that.

>> From the description:
>
> Fixes:
> 1. BIOS setup menu showed wrong DIMM frequency when AMD CPUs
> installed.
> 2. BIOS didn't build up SMBIOS table for L3 cache on AMD CPU.

Interesting.

What I'd really like is information on low power settings.

I can't tell from inside Solaris if the CPU is slowing down to save
power or not.

That would be nice as my server load is bursty.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com