[geeks] FYI - crazy offer from Microsoft Live, eBay, PayPal  (25% cashback)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 2 08:56:38 CDT 2008

>From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2008/07/02 Wed AM 01:20:22 EDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] FYI - crazy offer from Microsoft Live, eBay, PayPal
B (25% cashback)

>On Jul 1, 2008, at 18:31 , Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Net result Party A fronts $1,000 plus one set of PayPal/eBay fees,
>> Party B fronts the PayPal/eBay fees, each has $250 deposited in
>> their PayPal account 60 days after their "purchases"...
>
>They wait 60 days to deposit the bonus thing?
>
>Since I don't trust them, makes me wonder why.

THeir statement is that they are waiting to make sure you don't return the
item purchased. Makes sense, just like rebate offers that wait to send you the
money, but again, this entire deal makes little *economic* sense to me (for
Microsoft), as a consumer it makes sense to take take advantage of it (but,
like the website I cited suggested, only if you'd still buy the item for the
original price, in case the deal falls apart). Best I can figure, they are
trying to buy customers for their search engine "Live Search"...

The *possibility* of getting 25% back made me decide to buy the Sun V65x
server on eBay - if it doesn't happen, I'm still happy with the purchase...

Lionel