[geeks] HD DVD is dead, long live Blu-Ray!

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Feb 19 07:35:26 CST 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> For those who haven't heard, Toshiba is pulling out of HD DVD business,
> making Blu-Ray DVD the new VHS (aka Industry Standard).
>
> Great - does this mean that now Netflix will carry Blu-Ray DVDs? I hope
> so, that would get me to join again ;^)
>
> Story in WSJ:
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120342115442976687.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Quoting from the NY Times:

"[...] comes after decisions this week by [...] Netflix, the DVD-rental
service, to stock only Blu-ray movies, phasing out HD DVD by the end of
this year."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/technology/16toshiba.html?_r=2&scp=2&sq=blu-ray&st=nyt&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

(http://b54.net/-10t)

--
   Phil Stracchino, CDK#2         ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
   alaric at caerllewys.net            alaric at metrocast.net
           It's not the years, it's the mileage.