[geeks] PCI-X motherboard

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 12:02:59 CDT 2008

Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> Those are fine motherboards, but they cost a bit more than I wanted to
>> spend, especially since I would need to buy new processors and FB-DIMMs.
>>
>> I don't mind the motherboard being discontinued...
> What kind of CPU do you have?  I had a socket 939 AMD cpu, and a 3ware
> pci-x card, and was happy when i found this board for $89 to put them in:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131160

This board appears to suit my needs perfectly.  Thanks, Dan!

> Only drawback in my mind is that it can *ONLY* support 4GB of RAM. ;)

That's not that big of a deal.  Anyway, I already have a 1GB stick of
RAM that's compatible with this board.  I also have the video card and
the RAID controller.  I'd just need to pick up a processor, but 939
chips are common enough that it shouldn't be a problem.

Peace...  Sridhar