[geeks] New Intel Atom-based barebones system

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Aug 21 16:55:19 CDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 07:03 , Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On the other hand, if I had a buck for every time my UPSen have kept
> my
> machines up when the power has flickered in a thunderstorm or browned
> out in California summer power hysteria ...    well, it wouldn't
> replace
> my SU3000RM, or even replace its batteries.  But it'd buy me a good
> dinner at a decent restaurant.  :)

In southeastern Virginia there are years where this would make a
decent extra income.

SEVA's rapid temperature fluctuations tend to wreak havoc with the
power grid, and the combination of it being a giant swamp with violent
storms all year keeps things interesting.

Although... this year has been surprisingly good for power outages at
least.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com