[geeks] New Intel Atom-based barebones system

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Aug 20 12:52:42 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:45:46PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> back in the days when folks thought they needed their desktops UPSed,

Eh?  I still DO need my desktops UPSed.  The building doesn't have
whole-building backup power and we have semi-frequent outages or brownouts
in the summer and fall.  My last system failure was due to three power
outages in a single morning.  I replace my under-desk UPSes here every
couple of years.

Same at home - all my computer equipment is on UPSes.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas