[geeks] Long lines (not telco)

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Aug 19 09:54:44 CDT 2008

> I am sending this note from my iPhone, using the built-in email client
> to enable me (and any others that may possibly interested) to observe
> how this client handles long text lines - that is, if this email
> client uses 'Format="float"', [...]

"flowed", not "float".  And, in an attempt to help answer your
question, I did not reformat the above quote the way I usually do; I
altered it from the incoming message only by adding the "> " quote
markers.

In short, yes, your iPhone is using format=flowed.  It even uses
DelSp=yes, aadded by RFC3676 (as compared to the former RFC2646).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org