[geeks] Long lines (not telco)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 08:07:30 CDT 2008

I am sending this note from my iPhone, using the built-in email client
to enable me (and any others that may possibly interested) to observe
how this client handles long text lines - that is, if this email
client uses 'Format="float"', a current favorite of several members
and reputed to be a cure-all for all the formatting issues of a
certain long-winded list member (me). I would normally start a new
paragraph, but since my goal is to create a single line email with
well over 80 characters to see how this MUA, clearly a product of this
century (really that just means the last 7 plus years, but it sounds
more dramatic expressed that way), and is from a company that is held
by many ( both on and off the sunhelp maillists) to almost always do
the right thing and to sweat the details, including complying with
obscure RFCs. There, that should be long enough to demonstrate how the
iPhone email client handles plain-text and long lines.

Lionel