[geeks] Greater than 4GB swapfile on XP...

Eric Railine erailine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:11:39 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Mike Hebel <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com> wrote:

> I've got seven engineering workstations running XP Pro SP3 and two of them
> can set the swapfile greater than 4096 but the others can't.
>
> WTF is the difference?  I can't seem to find a difference in the software
> load on those machines versus the other ones.
>
> Anybody have a suggestion on how to set these things to 8192 fixed?

Are all of them running NTFS (at least for the filesystem the pagefile
is located on)?  I've been bitten in the past where some predecessor
had, for some reason, created OS images on Fat32 instead of NTFS and
run into what seemed bizarre issues until I slapped my head and
checked the filesystem....

-Eric