[geeks] New Intel Atom-based barebones system

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Aug 15 17:23:09 CDT 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 00:01 , Lionel Peterson wrote:

> For about $140 you can get an MSI barebones system based on the new,
> Intel Atom
> CPU - it can take one Optical and one hard drive. It has a power-
> brick and
> Gigabit Ethernet...

Is the Intel Atom 64-bit?

One thing I could use is a 64-bit PC system, very small, for doing
development work where I don't want to or cannot fire up a larger
machine.

It must have a serial port, since a lot of my work involves things
like LCD displays.

I've been looking for a small and fast 64-bit system for awhile,
something the size of a Teak 3011 would be awesome.