[geeks] Has anyone tried the Asus eee 10"

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 09:09:36 CDT 2008

>From: Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com>
>Date: 2008/08/08 Fri AM 08:53:11 EDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Has anyone tried the Asus eee 10"

>Lionel Peterson wrote:

<snip>

>> That could be fun to play with - I like the Atom processor, but the RAM looks to be 1 Gig or less (for some reason?)...
>>
>Some of the leaked information that i say indicates that it supports up
>to 2GB.  I would wager that it just has one DDR2 SODIMM socket.  With a
>starting price of $299, I intend to get it and if i don't like it, sell
>it off.  In the unlikely event that i coworker of mine doesn't want it,
>it will probably sell easily on craig's list.

I suspect the chipset will support it, but I wonder if the RAM is user-installable (how aggressive did they have to get to save space/cost)?

The Atom processor is nice, I have an Intel MB with one on it and it is very usable, moreso than the ultra low power Celerons most smaller laptops use (IMHO, YMMV)...

Lionel