[geeks] Has anyone tried the Asus eee 10"

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Aug 8 07:53:11 CDT 2008

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> From: Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com>
>> Date: 2008/08/07 Thu PM 05:29:56 EDT
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] Has anyone tried the Asus eee 10"
>>
>> The Dell Inspiron Mini (a.k.a. Dell E) is supposed to be available in
>> the next few weeks.  I think i might try to be the first kid on my block
>> to get one.  They should also have the E Slim out very soon.
>>
>> http://news.cnet.com/more-dell-e-series-netbook-details-leak/
>>

> $WORK is thinking about getting some for "laptop carts" next year... I think we'll be getting an evaluation unit or two in once the school year starts...
>
> That could be fun to play with - I like the Atom processor, but the RAM looks to be 1 Gig or less (for some reason?)...

Some of the leaked information that i say indicates that it supports up
to 2GB.  I would wager that it just has one DDR2 SODIMM socket.  With a
starting price of $299, I intend to get it and if i don't like it, sell
it off.  In the unlikely event that i coworker of mine doesn't want it,
it will probably sell easily on craig's list.

    -Dan Sikorski