[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Aug 5 16:31:01 CDT 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 13:47 , Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I wish I could make a folder called $DRIVERS$ in the root dir of a
> drive and install would query it before giving up on a device...

You can.

My last WinXP slipstream came with thousands of drivers picked from
driver download sites, some of which track the latest for each device.

The main caveat seemed to be it takes WinXP a long time to go through
them.  It has to copy them to temp space before it can use them.

For some reason, the installer doesn't seem to be able to just read
them from the DVD.

I was worried that I would end up with 4GB of drivers on my system,
but it cleaned up before quitting.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com