[geeks] DVD install of MacOS 10.5.3 or 10.5.4

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:47:14 CDT 2008

What constantly amazes me is that I can't download an ISO of the
vendor-supplied install disc for a given MB. I typically put the
network driver on via USB key, then let windows find everything.

The problem with loading drivers in WinXP and Server 2003 is that the
underlying OS is 5+ years old...

Vista/Server 2008 will read in USB keys and CDs, but only for storage
drivers (I think)...

I wish I could make a folder called $DRIVERS$ in the root dir of a
drive and install would query it before giving up on a device...

Lionel